Welcome!

Welcome to My Life as a Grad Student! This blog was set up to share my journey through graduate school at Full Sail University.

This has been the most wonderful experience so far. I am so excited to learn and to grow. This program has enhanced my knowledge in the area of Technology in Education. This has also allowed me to reflect upon myself and my teaching practices. My learning experiences have helped me to build upon my strengths as well as focus on creating a plan and learning goals in my areas that need improvement. The children I have the gift of seeing everyday deserve the best I can give. So I only hope that my adventure leads to great things that I can share with children and my fellow colleagues.

This blog will reflect my journey through the digital world. I hope you will enjoy taking part of my challenges and my successes. I can't wait to see what happens next!


Saturday, September 4, 2010

BP_Diigo Group

Diigo was a shocking experience. I had no idea such an option even existed.

Diigo is a website that offers the capability of storing all of your internet workings in one place. It is a more advanced form of bookmarking. Instead of just being able to return to your favorite site, you can organize your sites by topics and themes. You also have the capability to take notes by highlighting information and by adding a stickie note to a site and or article. You can record your thinking on these notes. You can also share this information with friends and colleagues. This really is the part that I was most impressed with. I can actually find valuable information, write specifics about the topic, and send this to anyone I choose. I love that feature!

Diigo also allows the user to create groups and join groups of interest. Groups allow people from all over the world to share thoughts and information with one another. Think of the possibilities! The mind cannot even begin to comprehend all the information that can be brought right to your fingertips.

Diigo will be a great way to keep all of my research in one place, as well as get new ideas from various groups of interest. I have already invited my critical friends, but have only heard from two of them. So hopefully my other 2 will join me soon. I also think the note taking ability and sharing of my thoughts about a particular site and or article will be extremely helpful in my research phase of my Action Research project.

I am looking forward to really exploring this resource. There is so much to see and to learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment