Welcome!

Welcome to My Life as a Grad Student! This blog was set up to share my journey through graduate school at Full Sail University.

This has been the most wonderful experience so far. I am so excited to learn and to grow. This program has enhanced my knowledge in the area of Technology in Education. This has also allowed me to reflect upon myself and my teaching practices. My learning experiences have helped me to build upon my strengths as well as focus on creating a plan and learning goals in my areas that need improvement. The children I have the gift of seeing everyday deserve the best I can give. So I only hope that my adventure leads to great things that I can share with children and my fellow colleagues.

This blog will reflect my journey through the digital world. I hope you will enjoy taking part of my challenges and my successes. I can't wait to see what happens next!


Sunday, September 19, 2010

BP_13Practical Experience 3


My next adventure in Google Docs took me to spreadsheet and forms. The staff was asked to document our students for RTI (Response to Intervention). We were asked to complete a spreadsheet with student information. The problem is we are sent the spreadsheet in PDF only, so we can’t write over it, we have to print and then copy and then turn it in. Second grade also has another obstacle to overcome, that being we have a Reading Remediation class where the students are mine and others, “ours”. So for me to fill this out for 27+ children would be an overwhelming task due to not having knowledge of all the information, such as math and writing and so forth. So I recreated the spreadsheet and created a form to go with it, where each 2nd grade teacher can just fill out the form of “our” shared students and the information is put directly into my spreadsheet. I can then share this with the team, so they can edit as needed. This was a perfect solution to a major headache! Also, I recreated the spreadsheet and form for each teacher so they can add their own students as needed. This way there is no sending off to anyone. Once the information is in, the spreadsheet is done and can be edited as needed.



I absolutely love Google Docs. The possibilities are mind blowing!

No comments:

Post a Comment