Welcome!

Welcome to My Life as a Grad Student! This blog was set up to share my journey through graduate school at Full Sail University.

This has been the most wonderful experience so far. I am so excited to learn and to grow. This program has enhanced my knowledge in the area of Technology in Education. This has also allowed me to reflect upon myself and my teaching practices. My learning experiences have helped me to build upon my strengths as well as focus on creating a plan and learning goals in my areas that need improvement. The children I have the gift of seeing everyday deserve the best I can give. So I only hope that my adventure leads to great things that I can share with children and my fellow colleagues.

This blog will reflect my journey through the digital world. I hope you will enjoy taking part of my challenges and my successes. I can't wait to see what happens next!


Wednesday, September 22, 2010

BP_14Practical Experience Week 4(1)


For my practical experience project this week, I decided to continue my focus with Google Docs. I ran into a few snags while attempting to share this with my team, and I really want to understand it and get the kinks worked out. I really think this will be a valuable tool for myself as well as my team.

Our first glitch was the creation of the accounts. Some of our email account names at school have been shortened due to really long last names, so this made some of the emails I entered not work correctly. Due to this being a new experience with my team and an important process going on with our Professional Growth Plan, tensions were high. This may not have been the best time to try this new tool. I have to remind myself that not everyone will be as thrilled about technology as I am. They will love it when it makes their lives easier, but hate it when it doesn’t! I should have also been more prepared. I should have had each person attempt to log on prior to our meeting.

After that roadblock, my team was really excited to see how information transferred from the forms they submitted to the spreadsheet I created on Reading Remediation children in 2nd grade. Some of my team members were worried that they may have put in the wrong information on a student, and then they were not able to get back to the document. I told them that as soon as the spreadsheet was complete, I was going to share it with them as viewers and editors. This way they can double check the information that is present for their students.They thought that was a really great way to share and edit information. Each person began to see the value of this tool. This has been a really great way to gather information without going crazy waiting for team members to give me the information and then having to input this information myself into a spreadsheet. This has saved me a great deal of time and energy, and I know that after careful explanation and tutorials, my teammates will love it as well. 




No comments:

Post a Comment