Welcome!

Welcome to My Life as a Grad Student! This blog was set up to share my journey through graduate school at Full Sail University.

This has been the most wonderful experience so far. I am so excited to learn and to grow. This program has enhanced my knowledge in the area of Technology in Education. This has also allowed me to reflect upon myself and my teaching practices. My learning experiences have helped me to build upon my strengths as well as focus on creating a plan and learning goals in my areas that need improvement. The children I have the gift of seeing everyday deserve the best I can give. So I only hope that my adventure leads to great things that I can share with children and my fellow colleagues.

This blog will reflect my journey through the digital world. I hope you will enjoy taking part of my challenges and my successes. I can't wait to see what happens next!


Wednesday, September 22, 2010

BP_16Practical Experience Week 4(3)


My next idea using Google Docs was to use this with my students. I plan to implement Google Docs drawing with my struggling readers. I think this might be a great way to motivate them to write and share what they read.  I was thinking that each pair would be given a laptop to share (the team has 10 laptops on a cart, and I also have 6 laptops in my classroom). There are 8 students in my first class. So I would really only need 4 computers. I would project my computer on the screen. We would start by retelling the story we read to our shoulder partner. Then I would allow pairs to share out. Together, the class and I, would create an oral retelling of our story. Then we can transfer this oral retelling into a written retelling with pictures.  I can start by retelling the beginning of the story we have been working on. I can add words and pictures to my first part. Then students can add on to what I am saying. Together we can create a detailed retelling. I think this may really encourage my students to listen and understand what they read and what they hear. I am excited to see how the children respond to this experience. 


No comments:

Post a Comment