Welcome!

Welcome to My Life as a Grad Student! This blog was set up to share my journey through graduate school at Full Sail University.

This has been the most wonderful experience so far. I am so excited to learn and to grow. This program has enhanced my knowledge in the area of Technology in Education. This has also allowed me to reflect upon myself and my teaching practices. My learning experiences have helped me to build upon my strengths as well as focus on creating a plan and learning goals in my areas that need improvement. The children I have the gift of seeing everyday deserve the best I can give. So I only hope that my adventure leads to great things that I can share with children and my fellow colleagues.

This blog will reflect my journey through the digital world. I hope you will enjoy taking part of my challenges and my successes. I can't wait to see what happens next!


Wednesday, September 22, 2010

BP_15Practical Experience Week 4(2)

My next task in Google Docs is to work collaboratively with my 2nd grade team on creating a Presentation document to go along with our new math series. Six years ago 2 Second grade teachers and myself created a Keynote to go with each unit of study in math. We had to copy and paste, add and revise, and share over our school server due to size of the file. It was a huge pain. In the end we all had a nice instructional piece to go over each math unit. Of course, it is time to change math series and the Benchmarks and Standards have changed as well. So this year, after learning about Google Docs, I thought this will be prefect to use for our new math units. Instead of sharing over the server and copy and pasting and so forth, we can use Presentation to create our instructional piece. We can do this through Google Docs in real time. I am really excited to see how this piece will turn out!

The first step is to find the theme that we want to use.

The next step is to create the title and invite others to share and view.

Another great benefit about presentation in Google Docs is the ability to embed video. I think this will be an effective way to show math in ever day life. There are so many great math clips right there on YouTube.


 This is such a great way to synergize! 

No comments:

Post a Comment